Dutch Downhill Division introduction

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bart RiemVis Bart RiemVis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dutch Downhill Division
    Dutch Downhill
    Participant

Hi guys!

My name is Bart, I’m one of the guys behind the Dutch Downhill Division Facebook and Instagram page, where we try to post as frequently as possible when we have (new) media. We try to feature all of our riders on those pages to share some stoke with you all.

I would like to introduce and tell you everything about the Dutch Downhill Division based in the Netherlands. We’re a very active crew, and even though our country is mostly flat, we absolutely love to skate and attend the freeride events in europe.

We have a small interview on All Year Longboard which you can find here

Seperate from this interview we will be active here on the forums to tell you everything you want to know!

How long have you been skating together? How did everything start?

The core of the DDD has been skating since 2012.
    It all started out as the Haagse Longboard Meetings / Den Haag Rookie Downhill Division which Arjan Koek was the founder of.
    Our group grew as more people started showing up and the skill level got higher, so eventually we decided to leave the Rookie name behind us. The Dutch Downhill Division was created by Arjan Koek and Edwin van der Sar in 2014. Our current crew has been together for about 3 to 5 years. (and we’re still welcoming new members!!!)

Have you been at any big events with the whole crew? Which one was the best?

We have! We always attend Wallonhill in Houyet, Belgium, where we often outnumber the Belgian guys. We’ve been to KNK multiple years, and most of our guys and girls generally attend the BigMountainSkate and IDF events. The best is probably Wallonhill, because that is the first downhill experience for most new riders.

Whats your favourite spot to skate and chill?

We don’t really have a large variety of spots so you will always find us at het Kopje in Bloemendaal. It’s a spot with one mellow corner.
    You can reach a top speed of 50kmh if you tuck it all the way down.
    It’s heartbreaking, but luckily our crew is full of stoke and the spot is good enough to learn skills that we can take to other countries and events.

Anything else that you wanna share with our readers?
    Keep the stoke high! You may not have the best hills but you have your skate family! Our crew means a lot to us. We are a very welcoming community and we love to have people over from other countries.

Here are some group photos of all our faces from the previous years!

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Bart RiemVis
    Bart RiemVis
    Participant

Should you have any more questions and you want to message me directly, you can find me on these platforms: Facebook
    Instagram
    Reddit
    and
    Discord

Talk to you soon!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Bart RiemVis Bart RiemVis.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.