Why are you here… and what is your vision for the site?

Concrete Wave Magazine – Longboarding, Skateboarding, and Everything In Between Forums AMA (Ask Me Anything) Why are you here… and what is your vision for the site?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Daniel Fedkenheur Daniel Fedkenheuer 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Michael Brooke
    Michael Brooke

Welcome to this new site would love to get your feedback.

Mark Short
    Mark Short
    Participant

Excited to see this take off and become a home for downhill Stoke!

My vision is a place for stories, photos, art and people helping each other. My nightmare is it becoming a “which wheel is best for sliding?” Rabbit hole

Michael Brooke
    Michael Brooke

Thanks Mark. I want this to be a place that is a refuge from Facebook
    A place for newbies to learn and enjoy and for lifers to do the same.

Henkie Djenzen
    Henkie Djenzen
    Participant

Hopefully it’ll become a place for everything longboard related, from newbies who want to learn to people showing their custom made decks. For me it should also be a place where you can come with questions. When I started silverfishlongboarding was a major resource.

Michael Brooke
    Michael Brooke

Silverfish was of a time and place. Pretty soon, there will be a whole new crop of skaters who’ll say “what’s silverfish longboarding?”

The truth is that Concrete Wave is what you make it.
    If you think this is just a regular website, think again.
    If you think Concrete Wave is just a magazine, think again
    It’s never been about the medium…it’s always been about the people

I am grateful for those who’ve joined early.

Now the fun can truly begin.

It’s liberating to know that no matter, skateboarding is always there for you.

PS – we welcome any and ALL facecrook refugees.

Steven Meketa
    Steven Meketa
    Participant

I am here to promote the style of skating that saved my life!! I almost died a few years back after many surgeries and other craziness I found Mr. Chris Yandall and skogging (see skogging.com) After a year or so of practice skogging became my main way to workout and commute. My goal is to hype this sport/life changing discipline and hype the company that backs me and my treks http://www.whateverskateboards.com

As a huge reader of CW I am blown away that we can log on and post!!! #BLESSED

Now SKOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven Meketa
    Steven Meketa
    Participant

Michael Brooke
    Michael Brooke

awesome…roll for peace my friend!

David Thornton
    David Thornton
    Participant

I have been looking for an alternative to Facebook, and I hope this can be a place to go to as I distance myself from there. Share thoughts, share my blog posts (skatebdcd.com) about skating, and connect with other skaters in a searchable format without the newsfeed clutter and without someone selling all my information off to a highest bidder.

What a joy to find this!

I’m stoked.

Michael Brooke
    Michael Brooke

@david thornton
    so nice to hear your thoughts.
    You’re right.
    We are building an alternative to facebook one rider at a time.
    Welcome!

Sean [cw] webmaster
    [cw]
    Keymaster

Thank you for joining David! Help us spread the stoke!

David Thornton
    David Thornton
    Participant

Thank you, Sean!

I’m glad to be here and I’ll do what I can to see this forum grow. What a great place. I’ve given myself until the end of July to get off of Facebook completely, and I’m glad I’ll have a better place (searchable, organized, and not harvesting everyone’s information) to share with people.

Mack McPherson
    Mack McPherson
    Participant

Silverfish was awesome and I miss it. I’m here to talk skating with everyone and to get away from Facebook.

Let’s do this!

Sean [cw] webmaster
    [cw]
    Keymaster

Thanks for joining, Mack!

Sorry for the delay. We’re working on some major internal changes but will be posting some huge updates soon!

Meghan Guevarra
    Meghan Guevarra
    Participant

I’m enjoying this opportunity as a skateboarder with the ability to connect with individuals and communities of common interests. It’s a refreshing experience to explore something new apart from my usual social media dwellings. I hope to find ways to become inspired and inspire others through all things skateboarding, that we may use the best of ourselves to build a useful resource and outlet for this online community and use what we share together online to enhance the enjoyment of our sport and lives in the real world!

I’m glad to meet you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.