Holy freakin crap! SCAMS AND MORE SCAMS!
I am getting inundated with emails from people who want me to spend thousands of dollars registering my concrete wave magazine in China.
Here’s the thing – it is a TOTAL SCAM. And here’s another – f**k those guys!
Web domains? It’s probably a scam!
As for these robo calls saying I am under arrest from Revenue Canada? Scam!
It’s a total scam – honest!
Yes..just another scam
As for skateboarding. Well, this is a scam…don’t be fooled. These folks DO NOT HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST at heart. There’s a place for beginner skateboards – visit your local independent skateshop to learn more. Don’t know who to contact? Email me. email@example.com.
Scams hurt. Scams are cruel. Scams should be taken out to the shed and shot.
If you spot a scam, let us know.
Welcome to the new website.
Pardon the dust. We hope you like the new website and enjoy it! But, it’s far from done. In fact, it will never be done, because we will always be working on improving it to keep up with it’s own natural purpose to be an extension of the skateboarding world that has shaped us. The site will continue to improve in this regard with a mission to evolve forever with skateboarding rather than focus on resisting change or why things aren’t “the same” anymore. How can we ensure supporting and keeping up with the evolution of skateboarding? Simple. By being by skateboarders, for skateboarders, always, and never losing touch with the real world of skateboarding. That’s exactly where you come in. We want to see your images and clips and read your stories. Please, FILL this site with the real world of skateboarding and help us make it about the roots while we at the same time find new and cool ways to connect and evolve with the people that make skateboarding awesome. With this mission in mind, to connect real skaters everywhere of all styles and skill levels, this site isn’t just for you as a skater:
This time, it’s by you.
What do we mean? How can you help build our community and the skateboard industry? Well, it’s not just about reading awesome editorials by Michael and Bud & and others (they have done a fantastic job over the years so hats off to them). We will always have that side of the mag and we hope to support it in new ways through the new site. But, this time when we do it’s about the community, about the skaters creating content and getting out there on the web with us, to share in the stoke. So, we want to read YOUR posts and articles. We want to let YOU be the publishers, too, right along with us. We will be in forums with you and we hope to generate an actual two way dialogue within the industry and skate community that helps us do our best to craft the site’s evolution according to what YOU want out of it and what the skateboarding world really wants. No corporate agendas. Real skaters. How can you specifically get involved?
Well, so many easy ways:
- Sign up and show your support by completing your profile and putting a face to the name. Put a cover photo and profile photo up and you’ll show up in our community page. Feel free to use your real name or a pseudonym, it’s up to you!
- Post in the forums. Share your skate pics, your skate instagram posts, your skate clips, your stories, your skateboards, your designs, your opinions, and your passions. But, most of all, share the stoke and spread high fives and positive vibes. Haters and negatrons will be banned! Try to have fun.
- Read our past issues and watch our vids! They’re up on the site and we’ll be adding more and more media to enjoy.
- Design custom finger boards and skateboards in the shop. This feature is being rolled out to certain members only in the first week, and it will go public to everyone. So, sign up soon to be part of the early release! If you don’t see it yet, just check back in a day or two.
- Share us on social media. Read a cool article or see a cool post? Share it on FB, IG, Pinterest, or wherever you like to share!
- Check Back Often! We’re posting frequently now that we’re up and running, and we’re releasing more really awesome sections soon so don’t be a stranger!
- Go Skate! Don’t forget why we do this! Skateboarding isn’t broken and never was. It’s still is and always was one of the purest forms of freedom and self expression by just having fun. You just have to do it to find out. Get out there. Get on your board. And, go sk8. Do it your way! Don’t conform. Do what you want! And, if you do document it, then when you get back…. post and share your stoke here with us and forever be immortalized in our new forums that will one day be considered the new archives by the skaters, for the skaters. We, for starters, are eagerly waiting to read all of your stories and comments see all of your awesome clips and pics just like you’ve been reading ours over the years.
We’re excited to see what the skateboard community can be here on the new wave. But, don’t worry, the old wave will always live on as well as we also pay tribute with awesome throwbacks and past issues. Hopefully both can come together in one space, and we can share the stoke old and new, as we transition into the next wave here in 2018.
Thanks for reading and being a part of this movement. We have a LOT more than this coming thru the site and all of the great sponsors and groups we’re working with right now to connect networks all over the world through skateboarding. Stay tuned, we’re just getting going!
Now let’s go skate.
Dear family, friends, fellow skaters and supporters.. I write this message for all those who love the internet and for all those who hate it and those of you who both LOVE and HATE the web at the same time. I write this message for all those who love facebook, all those who hate it and all of you who both LOVE and HATE facebook at the same time. I write this message for you and to those on the left, those on the right and those who see merits in both sides of the political spectrum. I write this message for people who believe in God/higher power, for those who do not, for those who are spiritual but not religious and for those who have no spiritual or religious beliefs. I write this message in the name of peace, balance and justice. Longboarding for Peace was founded 2012. It is a global movement to foster peace, balance and justice powered by skateboarders. No matter what your beliefs, we can all agree that much has happened in these past five years. Heck, much has happened in the past week! My message to you is as follows: If you jump on a skateboard/longboard/snowboard or even a bicycle and go only left, you will wind up in a circle. The same can be said if you only go right. In fact, the more extreme right or left you go, the more in a circle you will go. Whether you consider yourself right wing or left wing, most agree that fascism and communism are both extremely harmful to democracy. This message is particularly important right now. Many on the right who either publicly or privately are satisfied and pleased with the way the world is turning are running up against those who disagree with them. Many on the left who either publicly or privately are shocked and dismayed with way the world is turning are running up against those who disagree with them. In both cases, the extremism is leading to violence – violence with words and fists. They say that history repeats. It also rhymes. There are so many parallels with the past right now. Google “the fourth turning” and understand the terms like “crisis, high, awakening and unravelling.” In 2012 I asked myself what I was doing to promote peace, balance and justice? Five years later, I can state that the movement is needed more than ever. Longboarding for Peace is not a charity or non-profit. It is a movement forward that measures all ideas and acts through the lens of peace, balance and justice. Over the past several years LFP gave away close to 40,000 pins, 100,000 stickers. Look for them…or better yet, take the logo and spread the message. We have been involved with over 150 initiatives to promote peace, balance and justice in over 30 countries world wide. You can read about some of them here (78 pages worth – thanks to some incredible people) You’ve taken the first crucial step – you ride! You stepped on, now it is time to step up. You want to promote peace, balance and justice? Longboarding for Peace needs your energy. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org